Thursday, August 15, 2019

105. What is soft is strong...

“Those who know, speak not.
Those who speak, know not.”

“The truth is not always beautiful,
nor beautiful words the truth.”

“When I let go of what I am,
I become what I might be.”

“Care about what other people think
and you will always be their prisoner.”

“Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.”

“Silence is a source of Great Strength.”

“Water is fluid, soft, and yielding. 
But water will wear away rock, 
which is rigid and cannot yield. 
As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding
will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. 
This is another paradox: what is soft is strong.”

“To lead people, walk beside them ...
As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence.
The next best, the people honor and praise.
The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate ...
When the best leader's work is done the people say,
We did it ourselves!”

― Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

1 comment:

  1. Brother James, the content of your post is a direct answer to my prayers as I prepare for my disciplinary council on 8/18/19. I am charged with "conduct unbecoming a member of the Church". Among my offences, re-baptism. If 'following my Lord and my Savior down into the water' is an offence against this Church, it is truly not His Church.
    Blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but please refrain from derogatory or blasphemous remarks. I moderate all comments so yours may not post immediately.